Read the Coursework Instructions Carefully since Coursework Must Comply to them
Having to complete coursework writing assignments is unavoidable in school and college years. These assignments counts towards the final grade hence, getting a good grade for them is also important. One of the main requirements in ensuring this is that coursework must comply with the requirements outlined in the instructions. Unfortunately most students tend to miss out some or most instructions and go on to complete an assignment on their own assumptions. This lead to hard work being wasted as not many marks are likely to be allocated to such assignments. Let us see what main requirements students must look for in the instruction sheet.
Critical coursework Instructions
Following are some of the critical instructions which students must adhere in attending to their coursework. If these instructions are not present in the coursework guide or instruction sheet, clarify from your tutor before proceeding.
• Assignment subject area and topic – When doing various coursework ranging from drama coursework to psychology coursework, students must identify the instructions on the subject and topic. It may tell you to follow a given one or choose your own. There may be a list of choices to which you should restrict the selection.
• Type of writing required – If your coursework is an essay writing assignment or a term paper then there are different forms of writing to be applied. Some assignments as for critical essays, analysis essays or evaluation essays. Others require informative papers or process papers. If you can not identify the requirement in the instructions it may be the case that you are free to choose your own approach. But you must clarify this.
• Word limit – This is another important instruction coursework must follow. If it is a short essay, then the word limit is approximately 750-1000. You may be asked to write a 500-word essay as well. Otherwise the instructions will tell you to write on a specific word count. Clarify this issue as too many words or too little words will incur penalty marks in most instances.
• Number of sources – This is stipulated in some assignments. There are instances in which you are advised only to refer to the given reading material when writing the answers. Case analysis assignments are a common example of such source instructions. Others may require you to include a minimum number of scholarly sources. Identify these instructions before hand so that your researching process can be effective.
• Formatting Requirement – There are various systems for formatting assignments. Your assignment may need to be formatted as per APA or MLA standards. It could even be Chicago standard. Unless this is specified, you should ideally clarify the issue. Otherwise you may follow the formatting that you have applied for the previous assignments done for the subject. Remember that the applied standards differ by study streams. Humanities as English coursework apply MLA while business schools prefer Harvard. Research papers are formatted with APA style while aesthetics departments as Arts choose Chicago system.
Having discussed the most important of instructions which coursework must follow, students will come across instances where they do not know how to do so. Some instructions may be too complicated or beyond their understanding. Seek coursework help in such instances. Coursework-writing co.uk. will prove to be an outstanding source of help with your coursework dilemmas.