Get an Idea of Coursework Definition through the Different Types of Coursework
We all do coursework during high school and college studies. But if someone asks us to give a coursework definition we may not really know the answer. Coursework is defined as “work assigned to and done by a student during a course of study which is usually evaluated as part of the student’s grade in the course module” This definition highlights the significant influence of coursework on the overall academic performance of a student as it forms a part of the student evaluation.
Different Types of Coursework
There are different types of coursework which students have to attend to during their studies and the importance, complexity and difficulty levels differs according to each different assignment.
• Class coursework – these are some of the small scale coursework which students undertake to fulfill course module requirements. May consist of essay writing and question and answer form assignments. Some may include review writing and a component of lab tests, experiments and field research.
• Summer Coursework – Some students opt to take coursework during their summer vacation with the intention of finishing their studies ahead of schedule or for the need of catching up on failed subjects or missed out courses.
• Advance Coursework – There is a certain percentage of students who wish to take up additional coursework for Advance Placement or under AQA program to enhance their academic records. This usually involves advance complex coursework that combines a number of skills from researching, analysis, creativity and writing.
• Incomplete Coursework – These coursework needs to be redone and resubmitted as per proper specifications and requirements. Students who submit incomplete work without attending to certain sections of work as prescribed by the coursework guide may be returned by the tutor without failing the student. In such cases, students should immediately attend to the changes required and submit the work in order to receive a grade for the course module.
• Exam Coursework – Students have to submit coursework for exams such as GCSE , AS or A Level qualifications. These are extensive coursework which will influence whether the student passes the exam subject.
In addition to above types of coursework, there assignment types also can differ from simple essays to comprehensive and extensive projects and reports or field bound research work. The types of coursework will also depend upon the subject areas. For instance the type of assignments you do for your ITC coursework is different from what you do for your biology or statistics coursework.
Which ever the type of coursework you are expected to do, knowing coursework definition will make you realize that it plays a key role in your grades since it is one of the main assessment tools. If you need assistance to complete your coursework, contact coursework-writing co.uk for further details.